MP3 Clips

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Fried Chicken Viennese and One-Person Potato Gateau (and peas)

So Friday  I recived the equivalent to "mastering the art of french cooking"  for the italian classic cooking.  A pass-me-down from my Mom, a book dated 1968, even if the author started writing her recipes in 1915.  It's called " Il Talismano della Felicita'"  a fat book of 1150 pages  which translates into " The Talisman of Happiness".  Reassuring title isn't? Except for the ugly guy on the cover...
At least two of my gf's have it and put it to use, regularly and with great results. My copy is pretty worn out, inside I found  leaflets of recipes, notes, and arrows all over. Can't wait to add some of my notes too.
 It's a  Sunday afternoon,  awful weather, LittleGuy's recovering from a small flu... Desperate Housewives season 7 has been downloaded, what is there more to do?  
Opening the fridge this big whole  chicken stares back at me from his beheaded neck...ookk I'll cook you ! Give the fat book some use!

I cut  up the chicken, divided it in 6 parts and let it marinate in a mixture of olive oil, lemon juice, pepper, salt and  chopped up  parsley.   For two hours.

I used: 
A whole lemon's juice
a pinch of salt
a spoonful of mixed pepper (pink, white, black)
30 gr of extra virgin olive oil
10/15 leaves of chopped up parsley
A whole chicken about 1 kg weight
one egg 
breadcrumbs enough to cover all the chicken parts
Frying oil


After having the meat marinate, pat it dry, dip in the egg you have previously beaten up, then cover it well in bread crumbs and deep fry it. 
I must say it was tasty. 




I also wanted to make an appetizer, so I vapor cooked 6 small potatoes for about 25 minutes,  then processed them a few seconds, added two eggs, 4 slices of  Spanish salami (oh so very tasty and  slightly smoked) cut up in small dices, parsley and 30 grams of grated  Parmesan.  I filled up three small baking tins (previously buttered) of this thick potato cream, and covered the top with breadcrumbs.  A little butter-flake and in the oven, 40 minutes at 180°. 


there's a pea in the picture too....That's what Littleguy had instead of Gateu... (No Mushy thing for me Mommy!)

2 comments:

  1. I just got your incredibly sweet message on my blog. Thank you so so much for stopping by, and it means so much to me that my writing touched your heart.

    -S

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you and keep on the Great writing!

    ReplyDelete